Journey to Self-Discovery
Finding our best self and living our best life is something want to achieve. But sometimes that means we have to change some things. On our journey to self-discovery, making changes in our life can be a challenge because we may not know where to start or what to do. It’s possible we haven’t completely determined our goals and… we might still be trying to figure out our purpose. Getting in touch with ourselves at a deeper level is not always easy because it requires soul searching. Asking ourselves tough questions and answering those questions honestly may take us out of our comfort zone. To start living your best life, you have to have an awareness of who you are and what you want to achieve.
Soul-Searching and Finding Your Best Self
Answering soul-searching questions can be uncomfortable, we may not like the honest answers we have to give. But, answering these questions is the first step to realizing what we need to change in our lives. This is the beginning of doing things differently, and it allows us to become the best version of ourselves. So, no matter your age, it’s never too late to change direction and start living the best life you can.
Below is a list of questions that will help you get to know yourself on a deeper level. Don’t be afraid to answer honestly, this is for your own evaluation and for your eyes only unless you choose to share with someone. So, grab a pen and some paper and get started. Enjoy this start to self-discovery on the journey to finding your best self.
25 Questions for Self-Discovery
- Three things I love about myself, what are they?
- What are my greatest strengths and my weaknesses?
- Do I compare myself to others in any area of my life?
- What two life experiences have shaped the person that I am?
- When I make major decisions, are they determined by my family and friends, my circumstances, or my own judgment?
- Am I settling for less than I deserve in any area of my life?
- If I could free myself of one bad habit, what would it be and why?
- Giving advice to my younger self, what would it be?
- Am I an early bird or a night owl? What time of day am I most productive?
- In what ways do I contribute to the world around me, society in general?
- If my friends describe me, what would they say?
- What 5 things am I most grateful for?
- Are there any new skills I would like to learn and what are they?
- What are my biggest goals and dreams?
- Three things I need to do more of and three things I need to do less, what are they?
- Am I spending too much time on unproductive activities? What are they?
- What can I do to be more productive and have a better balance of my time?
- I want people to think of me as someone who…
- What is one obstacle I have overcome that I am most proud of?
- If I had a bucket list, these 5 things would be on it…
- In what way are my greatest strengths helping me achieve my goals?
- Have I ever given up on a goal and why?
- Do I inspire people around me? If yes, in what way?
- In what ways have I grown as a person in the past year?
- What advice can I give myself today that would be uplifting?
Self Discovery and Your Takeaways
Reviewing your answers to these questions may give you food for thought. Did you learn anything new about yourself? The journey to finding your best self is part of maturing in your faith. God commands us to love others as we love ourselves. Because when we grow in faith and understand God’s love for us, we can then share that love with others. So, on your journey to finding your best self, think on Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
So, if you decide to complete the exercise, consider your top 5 takeaways; these can help you as you move towards being your best self.