Are You a Perfectionist?
What do you think of when you hear the word perfectionist? Do you consider it a positive or negative trait? A perfectionist may be described as hardworking, ambitious, overachiever, meticulous, exacting, etc. Those descriptive words don’t always put a positive spin on things.
Some of us strive to be perfect in our work and our walk. We set high standards and want people to see us as, not just good, but better than good. This can be a heavy burden to carry, especially when all we see is where we fell short.
The Problem with Being a Perfectionist
Signs You Might be a Perfectionist
- You set high standards and sometimes stop working on a goal for fear of not reaching it
- Even when others think the job is well done, You find every flaw
- Because you worry about doing something imperfectly, You are prone to procrastination
- You struggle with decision-making because you don’t want to make the wrong choice
- Fixed on minor details, You spend a copious amount of time perfecting them